- 2 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 60 grams soft butter
- 1 egg (or 2 big spoons of yoghurt if you don’t have or can’t have egg).
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh snack dates. Approx 11 dates.
- 4 big bananas or 5 small ones.
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup uncooked traditional wholemeal oats
- 7 tablespoons real maple syrup – optional. But don’t bother unless it is the real stuff.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
In your mixing bowl mash the bananas with a fork. Add the egg, dates and soft butter. Combine with a wooden spoon or in a mixer. Add flour, bicarb, baking powder and oats. Continue to mix. Add milk and optional maple syrup.
I use the mini muffin trays. This amount will make 36 mini muffins. Grease the tins with butter. Add mix. Bake for 20 mins. I rotate trays from top to bottom after 10 mins.
Or you could do 24 mini muffins and 4 large ones (for the adults). If you do this then I put the small ones on the top shelf and the large ones under. After 17 mins I remove the small ones then move the large ones to the top shelf and give them and extra 15 mins. So the large ones get about 30-32 mins total.